Lend A Hand Bahamas (LAHB), is a Bahamian nonprofit that seeks to bring more activities and opportunities to socio-economically disadvantaged areas of the Bahamas. Currently, we are mainly operating in Grant’s Town/ Bain’s Town areas of Nassau with smaller initiatives in other islands of the Bahamas.
If you would like to learn more about how to support or get involved please send a request for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Help make a difference and join us!
To facilitate community development and social mobility in socio-economically depressed areas of the Bahamas through better collaboration with other nonprofits, and the development of community centers where needed to enhance the opportunities and activities available to the youth and their families. Lend a Hand Bahamas is not just a group on a mission, it is a concept for successful life, community and country, to be shared and promoted as a critical solution for all the challenges we face.
- To offer constructive opportunities and activities to hundreds of children ages 4-20
- To bring in programs and charities from around the Bahamas, Caribbean, and the world
- To give the children positive role models from both domestic and international backgrounds
- To begin entrepreneurial projects and programs that can bring financial support to the children and their families
- To bring attention to the economically depressed condition of areas we serve and mobilize positive support
- To increase the literacy and education level of the children in the area
- To reduce the amount of crime in the community
- To lessen the divide between white and black races in the Bahamas
- To raise the family income levels of the families in the area
- To support children with scholarships who wish to pursue a college degree