Benefits of Volunteering
- Learn the value of helping others.
- Develop a sense of civic responsibility and awareness of community needs.
- Build self-esteem by accomplishing something worthwhile.
- Achieve a sense of self-satisfaction in knowing that you are positively impacting others’ lives.
- Develop new relationships based on mutual respect, as well as a stronger sense of self-worth.
- Improve your ability to effectively work and collaborate with others.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Strengthen your interpersonal skills and leadership skills by mentoring.
- Broaden your knowledge by being involved with a wide variety of programs.
- Become a more cultured individual by working in an ethically diverse environment.
- If needed, receive community service hours for your involvement.
- Life income gifts: Provide you and your family with an income for the duration of your lives or for a specific number of years.
- Real estate, tangible property, and securities: can be turned into gifts with immediate tax benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Can be used to transfer assets to a loved one with a significantly reduced tax liability.
- Bequests, retirement accounts, and other testamentary gift plans: can allow you to make a more substantial gift than you currently imagine.
This fund was established following Hurricane Matthew to provide needed relief to individuals throughout the Bahamas following natural disasters. Donations will be used to purchase needed materials that are not often donated, but are extremely needed after a natural disaster to rebuild and restore the lives of those afflicted. If you have any questions or concerns concerning the fund please email: email@example.com.