Currently, while running programs and offering new opportunities we are fundraising to purchase the necessary materials to build a much needed community center for hundreds of children and their families in the Grant’s Town area of Nassau, Bahamas. The necessary land for the centre has been donated and the building plans have been approved. The Center will be available to a multitude of nonprofit partners throughout Nassau and abroad, and will be safe haven during even the strongest of hurricanes. Any size donation you would like to make can be done at the link below or via check.
- To combat the rising juvenile crime, teen pregnancy, and poverty rates;
- To provide a venue for year-round recreational and educational opportunities;
- To improve opportunities for social interaction within the community;
- To create a venue for community educational classes and special events;
- To instill an entrepreneurial and hard work mindset in the youth;
- To provide a base of operations for area nonprofits to benefit the community;
- To better coordinate nonprofit initiatives in the area;
- To facilitate opportunities for bringing local and foreign visitors to the community; and
- To generate a model that is replicable in other communities in Nassau and surrounding islands.
A gift to Lend a Hand Bahamas can help lead you to a strong financial plan!
- Life income gifts: Provide you and your family with an income for the duration of your lives or for a specific number of years.
- Real estate, tangible property, and securities: can be turned into gifts with immediate tax benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Can be used to transfer assets to a loved one with a significantly reduced tax liability.
- Bequests, retirement accounts, and other testamentary gift plans: can allow you to make a more substantial gift than you currently imagine.
This fund was established following Hurricane Matthew to provide needed relief to individuals throughout the Bahamas following natural disasters. Donations will be used to purchase needed materials that are not often donated, but are extremely needed after a natural disaster to rebuild and restore the lives of those afflicted. If you have any questions or concerns concerning the fund please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Learn the value of helping others.
- Develop a sense of civic responsibility and awareness of community needs.
- Build self-esteem by accomplishing something worthwhile.
- Achieve a sense of self-satisfaction in knowing that you are positively impacting others’ lives.
- Develop new relationships based on mutual respect, as well as a stronger sense of self-worth.
- Improve your ability to effectively work and collaborate with others.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Strengthen your interpersonal skills and leadership skills by mentoring.
- Broaden your knowledge by being involved with a wide variety of programs.
- Become a more cultured individual by working in an ethically diverse environment.
- If needed, receive community service hours for your involvement.